Arkansas Police Academy Requirements & Arkansas Police Officer Qualifications
Arkansas Police Academy Requirements & Police Officer Qualifications
If you want to become a police officer in Arkansas, you must know there are some tasks you must successfully complete before this can happen. Besides passing the police entrance exam and the oral board interview, you’ll also have to pass the Arkansas police academy.
Before I go into how challenging the law enforcement training academy will be and how important a police academy study guide will be to your overall success, let’s make certain that you know the qualifications and requirements needed to become a police officer in Arkansas..
Arkansas Police Academy Requirements and Arkansas Police Officer Qualifications
•You must be a U.S. citizen
• You must be a minimum of age 21
• You must possess a current and valid driver’s license
• Must be a high school graduate or possess a GED equivalency
• Must have a minimum visual acuity of 20/100 uncorrected; corrected to 20/20
• Must have registered with the U.S. Selective Service System, or otherwise be exempt from such registration
• Must have the ability to read, write and speak the English language
• Completion and submission of the Arkansas State Police Initial Contact Form
• Successful completion of the following:
1. Physical Assessment Test *Consult with your recruiter if you have concerns about your ability
2. Written examination to pass the physical assessment test.
3. Polygraph examination
4. Background investigation
Physical Fitness Assessment Test Battery*Each applicant must successfully complete each of the five tasks in order to continue in the selection process.
Important note: If you are overweight or out of shape, I HIGHLY recommend following a police specific workout program before taking the fitness test.
- Standing Vertical Jump Applicant will stand next to a wall with either arm extended and touch the wall at a point as
high as possible.
- Maximum Sit-Ups The applicant will lie on their back with their knees bent at a 90 degree angle and the heels on
( 1 minute ) the mat or ground.
- Maximum Push-Ups Hands should be placed approximately shoulder width apart. Feet may be together or up to
( 1 minute ) twelve inches apart.
- 300 Meter Run This will be a timed run with a group. Maximum time is :78.4 seconds
- 1.5 Mile Run This will be a timed run with a maximum allowable run time for successful completion of 18:37
If you want more information on the Arkansas police academy or you want to know what to do to prepare for the course curriculum, please call the numbers below:
ARKANSAS LAW ENFORCEMENT TRAINING ACADEMY
PO Box 3106
Camden, Arkansas 71701
ARKANSAS STATE POLICE TRAINING SECTION
PO Box 5901
Little Rock, Arkansas 72215
About The Author
Officer Forestal has a bachelor's degree in criminal justice, 8 years law enforcement experience and is a graduate of the 2002 Police Corps, where he was recognized as an expert shooter. Former Collegiate all-American, certifield personal trainer and author of several fitness and police related books such as the Police Oral Interview Secrets, and Police Exam For Dummies. As a Law Enforcement enthusiast, E.L. has helped hundreds of candidates "ACE" their respective entrance exam and the oral board interview. Learn More...