Missouri Police Academy Requirements & Police Officer Qualifications
Requirements To Become A Cop In Missouri & Police Academy Qualifications
If you want to become a police officer in Missouri, it can prove to be a difficult task. In fact, the process will be the hardest journey you’ll ever have to go through in your life. Even if you do well on both the police exam and the dreaded Panel interview, you’ll still have to pass the Missouri police training academy.
Before I go on about how tough the Missouri police academy will be and how important it is to study up on the police academy curriculum before you get there, let’s make certain that you know the qualifications and requirements needed to become a police officer in Missouri..
Missouri Police Academy Requirements and Missouri Police Officer Qualifications
- Be at least 21 years of age upon graduation from the Academy.
- Be a citizen of the United States and a resident of Missouri when recruit training begins.
- Be a graduate of a four-year high school or obtain a certificate of equivalency recognized by the Missouri Department of Education (i.e., G.E.D.).
- Possess a minimum of 60 college credit hours OR a minimum of two years federal active duty military service with an honorable discharge OR a minimum of two years experience as a full-time POST certified peace officer when recruit training begins.
- Be of good character, with no felony convictions or crime involving moral turpitude, no pending indictments, or certain misdemeanor offenses including any involving aggressive or violent behavior (i.e., domestic violence, criminal assault, etc.), disregard for the safety of others, or the misuse of deadly weapons.
- Be free of objectionable tattoos/brands. No tattoos/brands are permitted on the head, neck, hands, or below the upper six-inch portion of the arm.
- Be willing to live anywhere in the State of Missouri.
- Possess a valid Missouri Driver License at the time of appointment.
- Possess ordinary physical strength.
- Pass the physical and mental examinations prescribed by the superintendent.
Selection Process Outline
- Written Examination
- Fitness For Duty Assessment
- Background Investigation
- Background Review/Oral Interview Board
- Conditional Offer of Employment
- Psychological Examination
- Psychological Interview
- Medical Examination
- Vision/Hearing Examination
- Drug Screening
- Final Offer of Employment
- 25-week Training Academy
KANSAS CITY REGIONAL POLICE ACADEMY
1328 Agnes Ave
Kansas City, Missouri 64127
MINERAL AREA COLLEGE LAW ENFORCEMENT ACADEMY
5270 Flat River Rd
Park Hills, Missouri 63601
MISSOURI DEPT OF CONSERVATION TRAINING ACADEMY
PO Box 180
Jefferson City, Missouri 65102
MISSOURI HWY PATROL TRAINING ACADEMY
1510 E Elm St
Jefferson City, Missouri 65102
MISSOURI STATE WATER PATROL
2728-b Plaza Dr
Jefferson City, Missouri 65109
EASTERN MISSOURI LAW ENFORCEMENT TRAINING ACADEMY
4601 Mid Rivers Mall Drive
P.O. Box 76975
St. Peters, MO. 63376-0975
Phone: (314) 922-8724
Fax: (314) 922-8725
ST JOSEPH LAW ENFORCEMENT ACADEMY
Address information is unavailable at this time
ST LOUIS CO & MUNICIPAL POLICE ACADEMY
1266 Sutter Ave
Saint Louis, Missouri 63133
ST LOUIS POLICE ACADEMY
315 S Tucker
St Louis, Missouri 63102
About The Author
Officer Forestal has a bachelor's degree in criminal justice, 8 years law enforcement experience and is a graduate of the 2002 Police Corps, where he was recognized as an expert shooter. Former Collegiate all-American, certifield personal trainer and author of several fitness and police related books such as the Police Oral Interview Secrets, and Police Exam For Dummies. As a Law Enforcement enthusiast, E.L. has helped hundreds of candidates "ACE" their respective entrance exam and the oral board interview. Learn More...