Suffolk County Police Exam Study Guide – Get Advice on the Test
Are you looking for a Suffolk County Police Exam Study Guide? If the answer is “yes”, then you’ve come to the right place. Regardless of what you’ve heard about the police exam, you can pass it with proper preparation. In fact, if you utilize the various police exam preparation courses available online, you should sail through the examination.
With that being said, let’s look at some of the test categories that you will encounter on the Suffolk County sheriff department test. Common areas that are tested include:
- Judgment and problem solving
- Reading comprehension.
If you are weak in any of the above components, I recommend buying a police exam study guide online or get one at your local bookstore.
Suffolk County Police Entrance Exam Tips
- Understand all verbal and written instructions given by the test proctor. Ask questions if you’re unsure. The time to ask questions is before the written test begins.
- Use the time given to complete each section of the test carefully. Some written tests are given a total time to complete, others will be timed separately. Divide the time given by the number of questions. This will tell you how much time you have on each question, or get you close. Keep a steady pace throughout the test.
- Read each question carefully. Don’t get bogged down on any one question. Sometimes a certain question will stump you. Use your informed judgment to make a choice between possible answers. This is not guessing. To the extent your decision is informed you are demonstrating a degree of knowledge and not just blindly guessing. Answer all questions.
- Avoid reading too much into a question. Most questions require an answer that is most correct. Reason through the answers to find the most logical answer.
- Use all the allotted time given to complete the test. If you finish early go back to problematic questions and re-think them. Use every second you’re given on the written test.