LAPD oral board interview tips – Sample questions
If you want to become a proud member of the Los Angeles Police Department there will be a series of exams you must pass and none are more important than the LAPD oral board interview. The oral board interview is responsible for eliminating more applicants than any other portion of the hiring process.
This is because many people aren’t prepared and don’t do well during the scenario questions which is designed to measure your reaction to certain stressful situations. The best way to make sure that you do well on the LAPD interview exam is to study some of the practice interview questions I’ve mentioned below.
I’ve compiled a list of the most commonly asked oral board interview questions for you below. Please take a look at them.
Super Tip: In addition to the questions below, you will be asked questions about your intergrity so be prepared to give a clear and concise answer to the panel.
Here are some questions that you should prepare to answer:
- Why do you want to become a Police Officer for the City of Los Angeles?
- How have you prepared yourself to be a police officer?
- Why are you considering a career in law enforcement?
- What are your qualifications?
- What do you consider to be your greatest strength?
- What do you consider to be your greatest weakness?
- How would you rate your ability to get along with others? What is the basis for this rating?
- How effective are you in working in a team environment and why?
- What motivates you to put forth your greatest effort?
- How would you describe your work ethic?
- How has your education and training prepared you for a career in law enforcement?
- What accomplishment has given you the most satisfaction and why?
- In what kind of work environment are you most comfortable.
- How would you rate your ability to work under pressure? What is the basis for this rating?
Remember you’ll be asked several scenario type questions that are designed to measure your judgement and reasoning capabilities to certain situations.
The key to being successful is to be yourself. Answer the questions with confidence and always look the board in the eyes when responding to a question. Use this list to prepare a well thought out answer. Remember, this is your last opportunity to sell yourself.
You can download my oral board exam guide loaded with practice scenario questions and answers here.