Whether you want to be a police officer straight out of the military, college or as soon as you turn 21, the process will not be easy. In fact, the police officer selection process is probably one of the most frustrating, and tedious process that you’ll ever have to go through. Before you are sworn in as a certified police officer, you will have to pass the entrance exam, oral interview and the physical fitness test to name a few.
Many times the police entrance exam is given first to new applicants, followed by the fitness test, background check and the police officer polygraph test. However the order of testing may differ from agency to agency. Regardless of the order, you will have to pass every phase of the selection process before you are offered the job.
In this article, I’m going to discuss the entrance exam (also known as the police officer civil service test in some states). The entrance exam is extremely important as it will determine if you move forward in the selection process or not. The test is broken up into 8 major test categories…
- Basic mathematics
- Memory recognition
- Reading comprehension
- Report writing
- Understanding Policy and procedure
- Judgment and Reasoning
POLICE EXAM STUDY GUIDE
The best way to prepare for the police officer entrance exam is by looking over sample questions before the test. Practice questions can be a lifeline for those that are totally unfamiliar with the test. Usually you can find sample questions inside a police exam study guide.
HERE’S THE BENEFITS OF A POLICE EXAM STUDY GUIDE:
- Details the EXACT STUDY METHODS for the Police Test that we believe gives the most results in the least time- No matter if you’re studying for a week or a month, you won’t waste your time on useless activities
- Get quick, customized help for any questions you have- just send us a quick email and we’ll get back to you promptly with an answer.
- Empowers you with a memorization tips that will let you save more time than you thought possible- You won’t be wasting precious time any more scouring through your memory, but will immediately be able to remember exactly what you are need to know
- Secret study techniques to help you learn faster and more than you thought possible
- A systematic analysis and breakdown into “plain language” of how to deconstruct and master difficult problems- You turn problems that most test takers stumble over to your advantage
- Prepares you for the test traps that are waiting for you – You’ll see right through this pitfall
- Includes detailed instructions on how to get started so you can begin improving your scores immediately
If you want a police exam study guide that help you prepare for your upcoming police officer test, visit our online bookstore right now.