This Correction Officer Examination Study guide was developed to help applicants prepare for the written portion of the Correction Officer Examination.
This manual covers everything you new to know to pass the test.
Usually the correctional officer exam consist of about 80-100 multiple-choice questions, which is designed to measure six abilities that are important to the performance of the correction officer job.
Here are some of the sections on the exam that will attempt to measure your ability to perform the job effectively:
- Ability to gather information
- Ability to write concisely and accurately
- Ability to read, understand, explain, and apply information (laws, rules, etc.)
- Ability to work accurately with names, numbers, codes and/or symbols
- Ability to analyze and determine the applicability of quantitative and qualitative data
- Ability to maintain accurate records
Practice Test Question#1:
1. In this item, please read the underlined sentences. Then choose the sentence that best combines those sentences into one.
Carl was a correction officer.
Carl was thirty years old.
Carl had been working at the Cedar Junction correction facility for five years.
A. A thirty-year-old correction officer at the Cedar Junction correction facility, Carl had been working for five years.
B. Carl was a thirty-year-old correction officer who had been working at the Cedar Junction correction facility for five years.
C. For five years, Carl was a thirty-year-old worker at the Cedar Junction correction facility as a correction officer.
D. Working at the Cedar Junction correction facility for five years, Carl was a thirty-year-old correction officer.
Practice Test Question#2:
For Question 2, mark your answer sheet as follows:
A. If the sentence contains a punctuation error.
B. If the sentence contains a grammatical error.
C. If the sentence contains a spelling error.
D. If the sentence contains no errors.
2. Officer Smith has the ability to work accurately with names numbers and codes.
That is just 2 practice questions, however if you are looking for a more in-dept look inside the corrections officer test with tons of sample questions and answers, visit the Pass The Correctional Test website.
Practice exam Answer Key